Thursday, September 6, 2012

EEK!!! Halloween is upon us!!!

My love for decorating our home for different holidays and seasons has been running rampant!  I always do the same decor for the Autumn season, however, this year I wanted to change it up a bit.  My focus was on Halloween and doing something ghoulishly fun!!!  I started with bats, 60 bats, hand cut in 5 different sizes...


 This inspiration came from my very talented friend Bryanna.  She however, hand cut 200+ bats last year for Halloween, YIKES!  The idea of the different sizes were to give the affect of the bats flying away.  Did it work?
 

The wreath was made after I attended Bryanna's Sprinkle.  She had made pink ones, absolutely gorgeous.  I wanted to make mine a little ..... dark...

 
 
Of course I had some inspiration from Pinterest as well. What did we do before Pinterest???  

What's a Halloween without spiders, spider webs, crows, skulls, blood, potions, etc, etc, etc..

 
 
The books were covered with brown grocery bags, and inked, then labels adhered to each. 

 
 

 
The candelabra was purchased at Goodwill, spray painted black and I added my infamous bookends to the top in place of candles.

 
 
The potion canister was a 50 cent thrift store find, I brought it home, spray painted it, and added the spooktacular label.  EEK!!!
 
 
 

All in all I am very pleased how it turned out!!!   I especially love how much money it (did not) cost! 

Now onto a little tour of the rest of the Autumn decor...







How are you decorating your BOOtiful homes this season???

I am linking to the following beautiful blogs, enjoy your journey!





6 comments:

  1. going to try doing the cut out bats on my front door this year!!!

    www.lifelovelarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bats are so fun and the kiddos love them!

      Delete
  2. Halloween does tend to creep up on me like tight underwear. You have some cute ideas here. I like the wreath in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Halloween comes too quick each year. However, this year I seemed really eager to decorate. I blame this on Pinterest, lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh WOW!!! Love the hand cut bats!! So cool!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! This was so much fun to do!

      Delete