Monday, March 12, 2012

Thrifty Ribbon Organizer

While I was rearranging my son's art and activities cabinet today, I came across a plastic pail that was no longer needed.  It was once a home for some of his activities and I was getting ready to toss it into the recyclables and then it struck me.... Ribbon organizer!  Here is what I came up with in a short afternoon break.


Now I have a few ribbon organizers already...


 and the shutter..


and the homemade hurricane lamp...


But I needed an organizer for the ribbon still on a roll and without a hole to hang the roll from.  Like these...


I was tired of seeing them just sit on the shelf, hidden and not used.  So by cutting holes in the lid...


I repurposed a everyday item into a very useful storage container.


2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. I love seeing pictures of how your ribbons are organized. I have spools without holes too. They are all stacked up and put away. Im going to try this. Hurrican lamp??? Hahahhah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls can't have too much ribbon, we just need a place to organize it all, lol!

      Delete