Thursday, September 13, 2012
Pretty In Pink
After making my Spook-tacular Halloween Wreath, I wanted to try something more colorful. I grabbed my assortment of Martha Stewart Paints, and wouldn't you know it, I had more shades of pink then any other color. I believe it was a sign...
First I did some investigating, the how to's to coffee filter wreaths. I didn't really like any of the techniques used so I made my own technique.
First I dyed LOTS of coffee filters with a mixture of paint and water, the consistancy of milk, allowing them to soak anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. The different times allowed deeper and lighter shades. Next, let dry completely.
The next step is cut a spiral, oh and by the way, I used regular size coffee filters and extra large.
I started each flower by rolling from the outside in...
as I rolled, I gathered, hot glued, rolled, gathered, glued...
Some I rolled tight, some I rolled not so tight, and some I rolled very loose. The next step was to start glueing on the wreath itself.
The pink against the chocolate brown wall ROCKS!!! But I think I will find a space for it in my studio, against my vintage green wall. Thanks for stopping by!
I am linking to the following beautiful blogs, enjoy your journey!