Friday, March 2, 2012

Vintage Chalkboard Fun

I am really loving the new rave, shabby chic chalkboards.  They are beautiful, colorful decor that can be used anywhere from a kitchen to a formal living room.  You can write your menus, favorite quotes, or chalk out a faux clock.  I have seen so many unique displays and I want to try them all.  One of my favorite inspirations is Pottery Barn, oh how I wish I could go on an all expense paid shopping spree.  But since reality far out weighs my wishes, I have to choose the knock off path.  Not that this upsets me, I love getting my hands dirty, tee hee hee!

Here is my first project, love, love, LOVE how this turned out!!!


I especially am thrilled with the vintage touch that came through.


Antiqued perfectly!!!

Here is the before, I received this mirror from my in-laws, it had been hanging in their garage for years.  I couldn't resist the beautiful curves and scrolls...


I took this pic outside before I started spray painting it, can you tell by the reflection in the mirror it was one of those beautiful, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky kind of days?!?  We have had the best weather lately, perfect 70 degree days, great for painting outside!

I have a couple more in the process, not quite finished.  I am playing around with a combo of paint and stain, to give the perfect vintage feel.

Now, the carpet is being installed right now.  I am hoping to post the final foyer pics later today if the lighting is still good in foyer when they finish.  If not, watch for the post early next week!

Get inspired and have a great weekend!!!

I am linking back to the following, please visit these amazing blogs!



1 comment:

  1. Your chalkboard came out lovely. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete