Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Trip to Wonderland

Now that the invites had been delivered and we have some very excited girls coming for tea, I had to get started with a transformation of my studio into Wonderland.  I could not spend a lot of money on this, so everything had to be cheap.  Where would this take me, yep, The Thrift Store and Goodwill.  My thought was to take different sizes of coffee cups and saucers and plates and mold them into tiered tray sets.




I believe you can do anything with a little Gorilla glue...




and spray paint.


With this Wonderland transformation, a back drop of sorts was necessary.  I contacted our local furniture and appliance stores and scored with some great cardboard section and boxes.



Once again, with a little spray paint, $.96 at Walmart, you can make trash into Wonderland.



The mushroom spots were created with paper bowls simply glued on with ordinary white glue!  EEK!!!

Did you notice the Cheshire Cat smile in the tree?

Decorating and setting the table was my favorite part!  Nothing had to proper, everything had to be irrational, love it!

Candle votives repurposed to candy dishes...



And the Dormouse...

And Dum Dums to represent "Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum"...


Mismatched dishes, cookies decorated to say "Eat me" and don't forget we are celebrating Halloween, so in comes the spider web cookies...



 
All in all, it was "MAD"!




The girls had a wonderful time, the evening included a dance party and photo shoot as well.  They wore me out!!!

In the morning, Daddy offered to go out and grab doughnuts, but the girls remembered the homemade buttermilk pancakes from the last sleepover and I couldn't disappoint.


The one great thing that came out of our busy Halloween season was the fact the kids used their handmade costumes for seven different celebrations!  November is here now and we are awaiting visits from two sets of Grandparents and can't wait to spend time with each!!!

2 comments:

  1. so very cute! It looks like everyone had a great time!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Every sweet detail is perfect! And the kids' costumes are FABULOUS!

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete