Friday, May 11, 2012

My Mother's Day Minus One

This is the fourth Mother's Day we are celebrating without my Mom.  This weekend is by far the hardest day to celebrate without her.  No longer feeling her arms embrace me with a warm hug, hearing the simple words "I love you", telling her the funny line our little one blurted out the other evening, or hearing how she told everyone she knew how much of a 'star' her baby girl (our oldest and Mammaw's favorite) was the evening of the school musical.  Oh how I miss her...

Therefore, I simply remind myself I am surrounded by lots of loving Mothers.  Ones that I share laughs and margaritas with and talk about "50 Shades of Grey", tee hee hee.  Ones that are my family now, or have always been, or are "adopted members", and being very fond of those I can look into their eyes and see my own mother, or hear her through their own voice, stories and laughter.  She is everywhere within each and all of you.  Thank you.

I am very fortunate to have such wonderful Mothers in my life!  Once again, my Mother's Day card list has grown.  I have made 16 cards this year for those dear to my heart.   Each one unique, but sharing the same qualities, such as texture, color, font, style, etc.  Here are samples of a few, take a look!










Have a very Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment