Friday, September 2, 2011

A Vintage Window Treatment

This summer I found some great vintage sheet music at a garage sale for a $1.00!  I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it, but I couldn't pass up a deal like this.  Being the odd size of paper it is made it difficult to find a place to store it, so it has laid on my work surface.  Because of this new found time I have, organizing and decorating my studio has become my focus.  I have picked up the sheet music a dozen times, thinking of a new home for it and could not come up with anything.  Once again this morning, I picked it up and then an idea hit me, I would make window valances out of them. 

My studio is in our sun room, 6 windows without anything but the white wooden blinds.  I was instantly giddy!!!

First I started with Velcro strips

I then cut the backs of my paper pads into 2 inch strips

Securing them onto the sticky side of the Velcro strip

This was my base.  Next, I started cutting and tearing the sheet music.  Realizing right away that I would not have enough sheet music to cover all 6 windows, I incorporated some pages from my vintage dictionary.

Ta-Da!!!  EEK!!! LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment