Saturday, October 15, 2011

Creative Organization

As you already know, I love thrift sales of all kinds.  I enjoy shopping for items that I can reuse and reinvent, and if I find an item that doubles as storage for my studio, that is a plus.  This first find is a fruit basket, tiered, turned into perfect visual storage for my stamps and punches.  Yes, visual, I do not do well with items kept in closed baskets and boxes, I need to see them to be creative. 



My studio in our old home had a 4 x 8 pegboard hung on one wall and it was perfect!!!  I highly recommend pegboard of any size if you have wall space.  Unfortunately I do not, my new creative space is a sunroom, lots of great natural light, no wall space...  So I have to improvise...


A Goodwill treasure using peg hooks to hang my favorite Webster's Pages beauties.  This wicker bookcase has smaller shelves which is what I needed for minis, journals, material, etc.


Okay next, another Goodwill bargain.  Remember these???  Straight out of the 80's...  I think my parents had something similar back in the day.  Painting this will give it a much needed updated look, but that will have to be an additional blog post.



Great for organizing smaller stamps and vintage buttons.

So, if you are like me, thrifty, check out garage sales, thrift stores, and be creative with your storage! 

1 comment: