Monday, January 10, 2011

It's A Start

I am very excited about my first post!  First of all, I know nothing about blogs, so bare with me while I "learn the ropes".  This blog will feature many of my creations, inspirations, and ideas.  So let's get started!

Today, I have moved into my new studio.  Finally, a place for me to create!  With our recent move, I left behind a very functional, large studio.  So, needless to say, I have been very eager to regain my own space for all of my scrapbooking, cardmaking, shabby chic finds and designs. I converted our sunroom into the studio.  The sunroom has been used for a dining area and most recently, our Christmas room.  Just before the holiday bustle, I painted it a vintage green to compliment my "vintage flair".  It is a very fun color!  The room has 6 large windows, a patio door leading to our deck, an additional sidedoor leading to our fish pond below, and a lovely wooden floor.  Would you like to see some pics? 

This first pic is of my "desk".  It is equipped with Diet Coke, some vintage finds, a shabby chic Hurricane Lamp I made from Dollar Store and Salvation Army finds, a rose scented candle which reminds me of my childhood visits to my Great Grandma Huddleston's home, and a Willow Tree "Remember" which I received from friends after my mother's death.  The vintage shutter in the background I found at a local antique store.  I purchased 4 that day and LOVE them all!


My In-Laws gifted me with this amazing shelf last Christmas.  It holds all my faves, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mists, Ranger inks, Stickles, Embossing powders, and ribbon... Lots of ribbon!!!  Below are more of my vintage pieces, my mother's doll from her childhood, high chair, and butter churn. 
My shabby chic side table.  This was a Goodwill purchase, and I refurbished it.  It started out as a very dark, used wooden piece, and is now a bright, beautiful piece.  I will post details about this later. 

I have mangaged to fill this extra storage with my many fun tools, for example, my EK Success Fastenater, Paper Studios 1 7/8" square punch, and the Cuttlebug.  The red paper box on top was a Christmas gift from my brother and sister in law, which is full of Christmas papers, ribbons, and other embellishments.  They know me oh too well, tee hee hee.  The flowered, green and pink box was from my In laws this Christmas, it has a very beautiful scrapbook inside that I can't wait to fill!


My lovely daughter made this for me a few birthdays ago, it is my main "go to".  Inside are my many different scissors, glue pens, Exacto knife, Martha Stewart bone folder, Cricut tools, needles, etc.  This is my most treasured gift in my studio! 

A larger view of my desk and Cricut Expression.  I set this in the corner for a beautiful, inspiring view of our golf course and the kiddos play set.


My newest Love, the Gypsy! 

Did you enjoy the tour of my studio?  I sure hope so.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love your new studio!!! Very great place to create. Congratulations on your blog. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Tell me more about the Gypsy. I am not familiar with this tool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that can would be such a wonderful addition to such a great space. We had so much fun making them that day. I miss her! (and you too.) I can't wait to see the great things you will create in this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. helpusfish.com

    ReplyDelete