Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Fuss 20 Minute Layout

If you scrapbook like me, you have tons of pictures that have never been scrapped.  Correct???  Well, today I am showing you a VERY quick and easy layout you can use for any occasion. 
I used two 4 x 6 pictures, the vertical picture I did not cut down, however, the horizontal picture I did.  The paper already had the cute gingerbread men printed on the bottom.  The first thing I did was the "Sweets" backdrop for the first picture.  Using my Gypsy, I worked with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and welded the letters to a rectangle which created a cute mat for this picture.  You wouldn't have to use the Gypsy and weld this, just simply overlap the letters and glue to your rectangular mat.
I then wanted to enhance the horizontal picture with a mat and the green polka dot paper was perfect for this.  Since we are "scrap"bookers, USE YOUR SCRAPS!  I made the green polka dot mat out of the paper I used to cut the letters out with.
The rolling pin and ladle came from the "A Child's Year" cart.  This has to be my most favorite cartridge!  I did no manipulation to either of those.  Very cute accent to the page, huh?!?  The journal box is part of the same collection as the paper.  Once again, if you don't journal on every page, START!!!  Journaling is a very personal touch to an already personal page.  You do not have to hand write all your journaling (although it is the best - trust me), use the text from your computer and have fun with it!
Try this layout or make it a double page layout and let me know how it works for you, it does not take a lot of time at all.  I believe it took longer to post this than it did me to scrap this page, lol. 

Once again, scrapbooking is fun, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment