Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome Home

Today we are awaiting the arrival of Daddy.  He has been gone for three days, which to us seems like three months!  We have missed him dearly!!!  He is flying home from sunny California, and he will be met by very low temperatures and snow.  Here is a picture of our backyard as of this afternoon.

For Daddy's return, I decided to make him a card.  I have been thumbing over and over again through my latest copy of Scrapbooks etc. magazine.  This issue is stuffed full of great ideas!  I can't get enough of it!


Grab and copy, you will not be sorry.  What I love about this magazine, in particular, it is for the beginner to the advanced scrapbooker. 

After turning the first page, I was inspired right away.  Look at this, it is an advertisement for eclips, so I decided to do what I do best and "scrap lift" this idea.

So I grabbed my newest love, the Gypsy, and started creating.  I also wanted to incorporate my Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam which Santa had placed in my stocking.  Aren't these colors pretty???
If you haven't seen or even heard of the Gypsy before, here is a quick rundown.  It is made by Provocraft and allows you to design for your Cricut, no matter what type of Cricut you have.  It is a handheld device and you can upload all your Cricut cartridges to it and design with any or all at one time.  This is similar to the Design Studio.  For my card, I used the Gypsy Wanderings cart (which comes with the Gypsy) and the Storybook cart (this is in fact one of my favorite carts!).  Here it is...

What do you think? 

Thanks for taking a peek!



2 comments:

  1. love love love it! and you know i love the hanging letters....someday i will get a burst of creativity and do some for the girls' room!

    ReplyDelete